Know your rights as a prisoner working in prison
An information sheet from Prisoners' Advice Service (PAS) which you can find on their website alongside a huge resource of advice and guidance.
This Information Sheet explains what your rights are when working as a prisoner and answers the following questions:
- Can I be forced to work in prison?
- What type of work can I be asked to do?
- What are the rates of pay?
- What can I do if I get sacked from my Job?
- Can I claim compensation for lost wages if I am unfairly dismissed from my job?
Work & Pay in PrisonDownload
Prisoners' Advice Service
PO Box 46199
London EC1M 4XA
TEL: 020 7253 3323 / 0845 430 8923